Greetings! As the 53rd Annual Conference of the Western History Association approaches the Technology Committee members are busy putting together a roster for the inaugural “Six-Shooters” lightning round session on Saturday 10/12 from 2:30-4:00 PM. Each of the 8-10 presenters will have 6 minutes and no more than 6 PowerPoint slides to share topics with a significant digital history component related to research, teaching, or public history. Pretty wide open. Before the conference, each confirmed participant will post a brief paragraph to the WHA Digital Frontiers blog outlining what they are planning to present. Check this space for updates and feel free to contact Doug Seefeldt via email [wdseefeldt AT bsu.edu] if you would like to participate in this exciting session.
- Jason Heppler: The American Indian Digital History Project
- Linnea Zeiner: HACKING History
- Doug Seefeldt: “The Last of the Mohicans Realized in London”: Visualizing the Wild West in Britain, 1887-88
- Jessica Kim: Form and Landscape
- Bryan Winston: Mapping Mexican Migration Patterns through Mexico and the Midwest
- Follow Digital Frontiers: A WHA Digital History Blog on WordPress.com