What are people thinking about in terms of discussions/questions for the conference? I know I would like to hear about tools people have used successfully in any of the three areas of emphasis (teaching, public history, and research). I have had relatively good results with MIT’s Simile widgets (although I am currently wrestling with a weird code issue) and am thinking about other open source resources. Any one have any other tools to chat about?
- Jason Heppler: The American Indian Digital History Project
- Linnea Zeiner: HACKING History
- Doug Seefeldt: “The Last of the Mohicans Realized in London”: Visualizing the Wild West in Britain, 1887-88
- Jessica Kim: Form and Landscape
- Bryan Winston: Mapping Mexican Migration Patterns through Mexico and the Midwest
- Follow Digital Frontiers: A WHA Digital History Blog on WordPress.com