Greetings! The Western History Association’s Technology Committee members are seeking proposals for a roster of presentations for their “Six-Shooters” lightning round session to be held at the WHA’s 54rd Annual Conference in Newport Beach, CA on Thursday October 16, 2014 from 2:30-4:00 PM. Each of the 8 or so presenters will have 6 minutes and no more than 6 PowerPoint slides to share topics with a significant digital history component related to research, teaching, or public history initiatives. Before the conference, each confirmed participant will post a brief paragraph to the WHA Digital Frontiers blog outlining what they plan to present. Check this space for updates and feel free to contact Doug Seefeldt via email at wdseefeldt [AT] bsu [DOT] edu if you would like to like to be considered to participate in this alternative-format session.
- Jason Heppler: The American Indian Digital History Project
- Linnea Zeiner: HACKING History
- Doug Seefeldt: “The Last of the Mohicans Realized in London”: Visualizing the Wild West in Britain, 1887-88
- Jessica Kim: Form and Landscape
- Bryan Winston: Mapping Mexican Migration Patterns through Mexico and the Midwest
- Follow Digital Frontiers: A WHA Digital History Blog on WordPress.com